Our beloved Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints passed away on Sunday January, 27th.
We thank thee o God for a Prophet to guide us in these latter days. We thank thee for sending the Gospel to lighten our minds with his rays........
We thank thee for every blessing bestowed by thy bountious hand.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
We have the best dog in the world. He is so playfun and loving. I have really enjoyed having him as a companion while Dennis is at work at night. He cuddles on the couch with me at watched T.V, lets me chase him around the house and is catching on to some of the training and such Dennis and I have been doing with him.
We took him to the vet this last week and all he wanted to do was play with the other dogs while he waited. Now one thing you need to know about Monster is that he only barks when something is wrong and never wines. While we were waiting all he did was wine because he wanted to play. It was so cute.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
What a better way to end the year with a nice coating of snow. Too bad it wasn't here a week ago for Christmas. Oh well, better luck next year I guess. 2007 was a very interesting year that brought many ups and downs. As usually it is time for the New Years Resolutions. So here goes....
1. I would like to read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover TWICE this year. I would like to make it a deep study- doing more than just my normal daily reading.
2. I would like to workout daily. This has made it to the list more than once and every year I start off strong and then fall short. I realize that as I am getting older, it is only going to benefit me in the coming years.
3. I would like to constantly be in the middle of reading a book. I ended 2007 doing well but there was some time in between books.
4. I would like to make more friends at our new ward. There are alot of close knit familes in our ward that don't really extend a hand out to those who are new. I want to be like Lindsey was when she moved into our old ward- take the lead and be the one to introduce yourself and make friends with them.
5. I would like to be a better wife. I know this sounds weird, don't get me wrong, I am a good wife. I just feel like sometimes I don't listen to Dennis when he talks about things as much as I should. I just kind of having this rushing mode all the time. I guess I can contribute that to my always being in fast forward mode. I want to make it a weekly thing to have date night and do out and do stuff or just stay home without any distractions and just talk. I want to just stop for a moment and appreciate the time I get to spend with my husband instead of just taking it for granted that he is always there.
6. I would like to adopt our first child by the end of 2008. This is a pretty long and sometimes drawn out process. I am confidant that the Lord will see things through for us.
7. Keep in contact with family members more than we did this past year.
8. I would like to improve my relationship with my parents.
9. I would like to improve my personal relationship with Heavenly Father.
I know there are may more things I could add to this list but we will leave it at that for now. Here's to a New Year!