Thursday, February 19, 2009
I spent Valentine's Day with my monkey, Joey. We drove down to my parents to surprise them for their birthdays and spent the weekend down there. I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with my nephew. He has gotten so big. Of course I spoiled him and bought him a few outfits while we were there- including this cute monkey outfit complete with monkies on the feet- way cute!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
A few months ago Dennis and I went to Fridays and I fell in love with their Southwest Mac. N Cheese. Shanna and I went back there close to Christmas for lunch and I was all set and ready to order my fav. dish. I come to find out that they don't make it anymore and I am crushed!!! So after several internet searches, I finally found a recipe that will satisfy my mac n cheese craving....I made it one night right before our home teachers came over so I let them try it and they fell in love with it. If your lucky, I might post the recipe on here....one day!
Yes this post is about Monster....here are 10 things I love about him.
10. His ears are sooo soft, I could sit and rub them for hours.
9. He is a great cuddler. When Den and I curl up on the couch to watch a movie, Monster is right there. He falls asleep, starts to whine and run in his sleep, its hilarious to watch him do this.
8. He still thinks he is a lap dog, all 70lbs of him.
7. He makes me laugh everyday.
6. He acts like a complete kid when it snows outside.
5.He will stay in bed on the weekends until we get up but on the weekdays he is up before us needing to go out. (I don't love that last part!)
4. I love the way he turns his head and looks at you while you are talking to him.
3.When you take a bath, he comes and perches his paws on the side of the tub and chills there, other times he jumps in with you. (This is hilarious)
2. He is gentle with kids. Whenever Tyler comes over he wants to curl up next to him on the floor and go to sleep. When Tyler cries, he looks up at me with one of those "Come on Mom, make him stop! looks that you'd get from an older sibling
And the #1 reason I love Monster.....he gets super excited whenever I come home.