Thursday, December 27, 2007

More books please!





I LOVE to buy new books. I enjoy snuggling up with a blanket, a cup of hot cocoa and a good book. 2 of my students gave me very generous gift cards to Borders and I went to buy some new books today. The last 2 weeks Of December at work are "child care" weeks. That pretty much means there is no curriculum and just babysitting. So, today I decided to do a movie marathon with the kids. We watched movies from 10:30a.m- 4:30p.m- stopping to eat snacks and lunch of course! The kids really enjoyed the relaxation and I really enjoyed reading 14 chapters of The Wednesday Letters- I am almost finished.



On to my Borders adventure.... I could stay in that store for HOURS- I guess its a good thing I was on my lunch break and was on a time limit. I went in the store with $60 in gift cards to spend. I am proud to say I only spent $30 of it today. I want to go see the movie P.S I Love You- we didn't make it there this weekend so I bought the book instead. I also bought- Family Wanted, Stories of Adoption- a topic that interests me at the present time. P.S I love you is a 500 page book and Family Wanted has 300. Let's see how long it takes me to finish the two. Now where is my hot cocoa?




No comments: