Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mother & Father of 5


Well we survived our 4 days of parenthood this past weekend! We had 4 boys and 1 girl ages 12,9,6 and 3 yr old twins. It was a blast but it's good to be back home. I have to say, I have a whole new look at motherhood. First, I told Dennis if he still wants 6 kids, he better find a better paying job cuz I am not working! Some friends of watched the twins while we were at work until I could get over to pick them up. I made them chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries & bananas. After cooking dinner, cleaning up and getting the kids ready for bed, I crashed. I woke up early to get everyone off to school and then I headed off to work, in which I had a headache all day from the fast paced morning!
It was a great weekend. We took the kids to mcDonalds for dinner on Friday and the guy behind the counter thought the kids were ours. What made it better was Mitchell, the oldest, walked over and said "dad, can we have this!" It's definetly a small fortune to feed a family at the golden arches.
Saturday we took the kids to the pool for most of the day. Dennis ended up getting pee'd on by Maquire! I was very impressed when I came down from the shower and Den had the kids clean the whole house! He was so great with the kids this weekend. He is going to be such a great dad!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Aaron and I totally did that same thing just over a year ago. We watched 5 kids from 12 yrs down to 6 mos. It was hectic, but definitely a good taste of parenthood. I came home from the week still wanting to have children, just not 5 at once! Sounds like you had fun!