Saturday, January 9, 2010

Progress


I have been keeping up with my running, as much as I can, since returning to work this week. I hit a milestone this week. I ran a mile in 9 minutes! Now, while this is great, I want to work more on endurance right now than speed. I went to the massage therapist on Thursday because my left shin was killing me. Found out I tore my muscle on my shin. Nothing that couldn't be fixed I was told. So I stretched and didn't run for 2 days until the pain went away. I went to Lifetime Fitness with a friend today and I ran almost 2 and 1/2 miles before I could feel the pain come back. After we completed our run, we sat in the hot tub for a bit and I can tell you it really helped! I wish I could sit in the hot tub after every run. I am working through this minor injury, I am not going to give up on my running goal. It's just a bump in the road.

No comments: