Monday, October 31, 2011

39 Weeks

As I write this post, I am 39 weeks and 4 days and currently still pregnant. 2 friends due after me have already had their babies, one is currently in labor as we speak and I am glad its not me! I really didn't want her birthday to be on Halloween.

I am starting to get more uncomfortable and have been having a lot of contractions while walking. Grocery shopping is now impossible by myself and housework is obsolete. She is getting lower and lower and I am reminded of that when I stand up. At my last appointment on Thursday I was still at a 1 and was told they would most likely see me at my next appt, my due date. I am being patient though, knowing she will come when she is ready but its kinda crazy wondering when she will finally come, my birthday is Friday and 11-11-11 would also be a cool day to be born. I often wonder if I will need to be induced because my body won't go into labor on its own and she will just be too late. Its crazy to think if she is 2 weeks late, she will be born the week before Thanksgiving!

It's hard to imagine that I could be holding a newborn in my arms any day now!

1 comment:

Sharalea said...

YOu are beautiful! Hope your labor is smooth & not too long. I can't wait to see photos of your darling!!