Sunday, October 21, 2012

We are ALIVE!

I'm a serious blog neglect-or! Even though I have been updating Lydia baby book on a monthly basis, thank you Shutterfly and your mobile app, I have completely slacked in the blog world. I don't know if it was because of our frequent travels this summer ( we were gone a TON!), taking the daycare kids to every place imaginable to get out of the house, or starting to work outside of the home again.

Any who, the Larsons are alive and kicking and extremely busy! I decided at the end of August just after school started that it would be fun for me to get out and enjoy my other passion besides being mom. I missed the classroom dearly so I filled out my paperwork to be a substitute teacher for Oswego and Yorkville school districts. I was so thrilled and excited to get out of the house on what I planned to be a once a week occasion that has turned into at least a 2 or 3 days a week venture. I get called and requested by teachers almost everyday. I feel so blessed to be able to have another way to bring income into our home. Where are the children you ask? They are at "daddy daycare" as the neighbors like to call it! Dennis is working from home so he gets the joy or being in charge while I am off making the dough. Again, I feel blessed that he is able to do it but I am finding that a man just can't run a household as well as a woman.

So back to my story, end of August signed up to sub, and then I got an email from a friend with an enticing offer. She was a teacher for a company called Young Rembrandts. She goes to a school once a week and teaches an after school art class for an hour.....really....another chance to get back in the classroom I though. So I applied, got a call 2 days later for an interview and was hired on the next day. So now, I run a daycare, sub on occasion, tutor once a week, run a Thirty One business and now teach art 2 days a week. Can you see I have a pretty full plate? Thats what I thought too until I got called a few weeks later as the Activity Days leader at church.....the Lord must really want me to be kept busy for some reason because I am swallowed in busyness to the point where its getting hard to function and my days just run into each other. I need to remind myself to slow down and take a break and find some ME time.

So with that said, there's the update on us. I promise to get Lydias monthly updates on here that I have missed. I can't believe she is going to be turning ONE in just 2 short week!

No comments: