Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm up for the Challenge...




So I got to thinking today about something I said during Bunco. We were talking about reading during 1 round and I flat out said I hate to read. Let me make some clarifications and try to save my reputation as a great teacher. I like to read, I just get tired everytime I pick up a book and my eyes start to hurt. I have had this problem for a few years now and I have just been putting off reading or going to an optomoligist. So, my challenege, and I have chosen to accept it, is to make an appointment with the optomoligist and read alteast 2 books before I go back to school this fall. One of those books being, The Five People You Meet in Heaven. The other book is Positive Discipline in the Classroom. So, I have a little over 6 weeks to accomplish this goal. I better get going.......

1 comment:

Mom said...

Tara, I know this is an old post and hopefully you will get this comment.

I read about your eyes hurting every time you read. I have found something in my years of teaching that sounds like this description. It is called SSS or Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome. It is a syndrome that affects the eyes because of light rays and causes difficulty in reading, etc. Go on line and google the term; you should get some intersting info. I will also bring some info that I give to my ONU students (perspective teachers) if you would be interested. I also 'test' my students at school for this syndrome. It is amazing how many kids are helped with such a simple aid! (colored overlays)
Talk to you later, Aunt Ruth