Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Playing Mommy

Ok, I now have a new respect level for mothers. After taking care of Deanna for the past 5 days I don't know how moms do it especially those who work! Dennis had been working at night so it's like I am a single mom, I can't get anything done!! I now know what its like to not be able to do the following:
1. Sit through YW (luckily I wasn't teaching)
2. Have 5 minutes of piece and quit
3. Keep my sanity after hearing WHY? 500 times in 5 minutes
4. Sleep in!
5. Take a shower by myself
6. Get ready by myself
7. Get to church on time
8. Watch TV
9. Pay bills
10. Do the dishes
12. Walk the dog
13. Raise a child and hold a full time job ( no stinking way)
14. Go to Bunco or any other event I want to because I now need a sitter)
The list will just go on and on and on..........

What I know I will be able to do:
1. Go to bed at the same time as a 4 year old (actually not that bad)
2. Dress a child and myself and make it to church during the opening hymn
3. Clean up puke
4. Play Tigger and color until the markers run dry
5. Make dinner and eat by 9pm
6. Make a kid laugh, even if it wasn't that funny
7. Put a child in time out several times in a day
8. Not get in the shower until 12pm and feel o.k about it (maybe that not a good thing)

It really has been great taking care of Deanna. It has really opened my eyes as to what mother hood will be like and I am not sure I am ready to be there yet, with a 4 year old anyway. She is so cute at times yet a pain in the behind at other times.

Now bring on her sister Sariah and I can do that, hands down

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I don't know how working mommies do it either. I get tired just thinking about it. Yikes! Way to go. You are seriously the worlds nicest Auntie/sister-in-law!