Friday, August 1, 2008

Denial


I almost fell over last night when I realized that in 3 months I will be 24. Last year when someone asked me how old I was I just said 23 without evening thinking or realizing the number but 24 just sticks out as an "oh my" number. Almost a century old. As I look back and reflect on my life, there were a few things I wanted to accomplish by this "scary" age that I am slagging behind on. I wanted to be secure in my profession and be working on having my second child by now. It looks like neither are going to happen and I am o.k with that. God laughs when we make plans, right? I am sure in 6 years I will look back on this post and laugh because the ripe 'ole age of 30 will be much scarier than a meesly 24. Hopefully by then I will have achieved some of my life goals. Here are a few:
  • Have a teaching job
  • Visit the Bahamas, Hawaii, Ireland and Paris
  • Start a family
  • Get my Master's Degree
  • Become financially secure (we're getting there)
  • Buy a big house with a huge yard

I think this is a good start to the next six years of my life.

No comments: