Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm a runner...now

So some friends of mine, 17 to be exact, talked me into running the 500festival half marathon in Indianapolis on May 8th. So I have started an ease into running program. After my first few runs I came to the conclusion that I needed new running shoes so I went and bought these Nike AirMax Motos.


Well right next to my shoes, was the Nike+. I decided to buy it after hearing alot about it. I figured it was a good idea because after winter when I start running outside, I am going to need something to help monitor my progress as well as pace, miles ran, etc. It is actually a really cool device. Since I had bought the Nike shoes that go with it, I'm able to just stick the sensor down in pocket in the sole of the show and it pings to my ipod where I can see my progress. It is a cool invention. So far I am up to running 2 miles when I go, not bad for just starting out. I am hoping that I keep going with this and make the 1/2 marathon in May a huge accomplishment for myself!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good luck, Tara! You can do it! Keep at it regularly!