Friday, February 18, 2011

Blizzaster 2011

Posted by PicasaFebruary brought us a whopping 20 inches of snow, the third worst blizzard in recorded history. I was left with 2 extra days in the house and I took full advantage of the extra time, I began a
project and tried to be productive but we all know how that goes.
Just a few side notes about the blizzaster 2011.

1. We had a piece of siding torn off of our house
2. I swear our patio door almost busted from how strong the wind was, it was flexing bad
3. I decided to venture out 3 hours before the projected start time, who knew that the weather men would be right and the storm even hit a few hours early, leaving me to drive home in a bit of it, FUN!
4. There were a ton of cars left stranded on LakeShore drive due to a bus that jackknifed. I would not have wanted to be one of the people stuck out there, scary! I heard a story of a husband who drove as far as he could to get to his wife on LSD, walked on foot when he couldn't get any farther and looked in every car window until he found his wife who was stranded because she was out of gas!
5. Our HOA shovelers informed us the next morning that we had a pile of snow on our front porch that reached well over the top of the door, taking him over an hour just to shovel it out!
6. An ambulance got stuck in the snow drift in our neighborhood, 2 plows almost got stuck trying to get them out
7. Closed area schools for 2 days, I can't remember the last time we had 2 snow days in a row!

No comments: