Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Florida Vacation Day 3- Naples






ok, so I said Day 2 was the best part of our vacation but Day 3 was just as good because we drove and hour over to Naples to see my sister Cassie, who I hadn't seen in 11 years. We got to Naples Pier early so we walked around a bit and saw a dolphin swimming at the end of the pier. Let me tell you, Naples was nasty hot and humid.
I instantly saw Cassie walking up and gave her a big hug. She is taller than me! How does that work? I am supposed to be the bigger sister here! We went to lunch @ a place called Cheeburger Cheeburger (no it't not a typo, there really are no s's in the title) After lunch we hit the pier again and then took a swim in the Gulf. I personally like the Atlantic better. The Gulf's temp was 91 same as the air temp. It felt like you were taking a bath not to mention the water was greenish and murky looking. We swam in it anyway and then did some shell hunting. Dennis was bound and determined to find me a sand dollar but we came to the conclusion that you have to get there pretty early in the morning to find a beauty like that. He did find some other cool stuff including a barnacle, giant shell, and a worm shell. I found my dream home while we were on the beach. It's the 2nd house from the pier, ocean front property baby! We took the scenic route home and even stopped off by the canal and found an alligator.

1 comment:

Mark and Sherri said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun. I love your pictures, from the photographer, very cute. I wish I could see all of them she took that day. Love ya, Aunt Sherri