Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One fear conquered...one more to go......



As many may already know, I am DEATHLY afraid of going to the dentist, I would rather play with a snake than go to the dentist, and I REALLY hate snakes! I woke up yesturday with a swollen and tender gum. After talking with one of the parents at school, I got freaked that it might be an absess, resulting in having to get a tooth pulled and I even thought for a moment that it was mouth cancer or a tumor (see how horrible my mind is!) I told said mom that I HATED the dentist so she referred me to her's and said they were great with people who had a phobia of the dentist. So I called...and set up an appointment..for today. WOW, I put on my big girl pants and told myself I was going. The funny thing is that I told myself I would go in for a cleaning this summer. Anywho, I conquered my fear and went in today. After x-rays and an exam it was determined that I had an infection in my gum by my back molar. The culprit, a wisdom tooth I was told I didn't have when I was at the dentist 4 years ago. After more x-rays, they found another one on the bottom. So 2 bottom wisdom teeth later and I am now faced with having to be put under to get those puppies out.
Did I mention I have a fear of being put under?????

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Buck up, buttercup :) You can do it! And milk it for all it's worth from Dennis....I'm talkin' homemade chocolate milk shakes & foot massages :) Be strong!