Thursday, March 29, 2007

Arizona- Day 4 & 5 Glendale/ Sun City /Tempe






Another morning awake at 7a.m. Dennis humored us this morning with his midget look. He grabbed a shower cap from the bathroom and knelt down with is shoes at the ends of this shorts for the ultimate look. It was so funny we were both crying and we had the g'parents asking us what the heck was so funny because they could hear us at the other end of the house! The pciture looks funny but you had to be there to experience it first hand! At 12 we headed towards Tempe for the Art Festival. G'ma was on a mission to find pink leather pillows to go with her new leather couch (which wasn't pink?!) It was a great day to be out in the warm sun. We saw this place that sold chocolate covered strawberries piled on a stick, not worth the $5 though but they looked tasty. We saw many beautiful pictures of mountains and sunsets but those to were out of our spending range. I did manage to talk Dennis into letting me this really pretty blue rock knecklace. Despite the fact that we hadn't paid for anything this entire trip thanks to the g'parents.


We had lunch at In & Out on the way back. Dennis has talked this place up since his mission so I was excited to get to try it. Dennis bet me there was no way I would be able to finish it. Oh no he didn't- of course I had to prove him wrong. 1 double double animal style and a strawberry shake later- I proved him wrong! It was sooo yummy. I think I am hooked.


After returning home from a long day, I was going to go take a nap in the backyard by the pool in the sun but managed to make it to our room and while watiting for Dennis to get out of the bathroom I passed out face first and didn't surface for another 2 hours- so much for that time in the sun!


We woke up from our nap and played a game of darts with the g'parents and then had an all you can eat shrimp dinner. We ended the night by watching The Pursuit of Happiness & The Guardian.

No comments: