Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring Break in Arizona Day 2 /Phoenix & Mesa










We woke up at 6:30a.m- yes 6:30a.m- I guess our bodies were screaming at us to wake up! We had breakfast and ventured out to do some exploring in the area. We got to see the Phoenix zoo, Botanical Gardens, an Indian reservation and many mountains, cactus, and other interesting things. We had lunch at Quiznos after discovering there was not an Inn & Out close enough. We then went Orange picking at Aunt Jans in Mesa where we squeezed about a gallon of OJ. We left with a huge bag of oranges and grapefruit! We also met Jans turtle- I can't seem to remember his name but it was the first time I held a turtle!

We then went to the Mesa Temple. There is only 1 word to describe the grounds- Exqusite! Upon walking through the gate, I stood there facing the temple and closed my eyes as I felt the spirit envelope me- WOW! There were all kinds of trees and plants and beautiful flowers. I felt like I was in the garden of Eden. They were getting ready for their Easter pagent- they had 10,000 chairs set up! We went into the visitor center and learned from a sister that after the chairs were full there are still many more people standing around to see the show. We also saw some pretty cool clay sculpture of Miracles Jesus performed.

Upon our return from the temple we went back to the condo and took part in the enjoyment of the pool! It was about 85 degrees out side but the heater on the pool was broken- the water was about 70. Dennis and the grandparents got in the 114 degree hot tub while I took a nap in the sun. It felt so good to let the sun beat down on my body!

After the pool we went to El Guerro's mexican restaurant for dinner with the Cilley & Larson grandparents. I got a huge carne asade burrito & Dennis got cheese enchiladas.
We then said good bye to the Cilleys and took off for a 2 1/2 hour drive to Prescott to stay with the Larsons. We arrived at 9:30. Needless to say- we were in bed by 10p.m- we have never gone to bed that early!

No comments: