Saturday, May 12, 2007

I was bit by an 8 year old so I sat on him!


Ok, so this has certainly been a week from you know where and I am not kidding! I have pushed my body to the limit and have barely gotten by on 5 hours of sleep each night and working atleast 14 hours of a day. The child that I work with, Aaron has been a pretty good kid lately. He knows my expectations and he tries to meet them and I give him props for working so hard to behave but I have had it with that little brat. I have been told that I have amazing patients. Well guess who lost their patience on Thursday? Yes, lil 'ole me who is packed full of all the patience in the world- I got abused for it too! Aaron was really getting on my nerves this week and we both finally cracked and butted heads this past Thursday. Aaron did not want to do his math work and tried telling me when it was going to be done- I don't think so little man! I usually work with him in the hall because he is doing a totally different math program. I decided to tell him I would be in the room when he was ready to work. I walked away and went back into the classroom when Aaron came running in. He ran up to me, yelled that I was a meany. I told him to get out in the hall until he was ready to return to the classroom. He ran over to the corner. I knew he was disturbing the rest of the class so I followed and started to guide him to the hall. Thats when he turned around a full force (hand print for an hour) smacked me on the arm, right there infront of everyone. So Megan and I carried him down to the office where he was restrained for 30 minutes until he cooled off. Upon which I was kicked and scratched.

After calming himself down he started bouncing off the walls (literally) and acting all cheery and happy. And then....

Something set him off at the end of the day when we were getting in line to go home. He charged at me- not kiding- and puched me with both fists. In order to keep him from hurting the other kids around him I jumped up and threw my arms around him and got him to the ground where I- this is the good part, the part that lets you get out some frustration towards this kid- put his arms together so he wouldn't hit me and sat on him until help arrived. Well in the process he bit me on the arm- so he then sat there with both arms crossed around his neck, to make sure he didn't get the chance to bit again (it sounds like I was hurting him but I wasn't)

I guess one of the other kids ran to the office on the way out the door yelling "Aaron is hurting Mrs. L, she needs help!" The secretary came down to help out and got bit in the process too.


Here's the icing on the cake...

When his mom arrived to pick him up she had this smerk on her face that I just wanted to knock off so to speak. She proceeded to say "well he never acts like this at home" That's because he gets whatever he wants. There is NO support from home what so ever.


SO here I am soaked in sweat and my adrenaline is soaring... and the principal says "Thank you for not quiting, most people would have been gone a long time ago"


I really hope she gives me a good recommendation or a good job in the district cuz this is crazy and I don't get paid enough to put up with this abuse. So there are only 14 days of school left and I am totally counting.....



In other news.... I have been placed as an Instructional Assistant at Batavia Middle School next year- that's if I don't have a teaching position by August- but I am not worried

No comments: