Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Update

Here is a tiny update of what's going on in our lives....

I have been placed in an elementary school for next year- Kindergarten! This is what I have to fall back on if I don't get a teaching position. (pray for me)

Dennis is going back to teching- the sales thing just isn't working for him- besides he LOVES servicing houses and is starting to miss it.

We have started the treck of looking for a house- so far there are alot of cute ones we like and can afford but nothing in the ward. Hmmm?? Is this God's way of telling us he needs us somewhere else?

We are making our annual visit to my parents house this weekend for my little sisters graduation from highschool. This should be an interesting trip- I haven't seen my family since Thanksgiving and I have a new brother in law.

We got a new Bishop this past Sunday, Bishop Dana Koch.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

So nice to get updated on your lives! I feel so disconnected! Kindergarten sounds fabulous! I hope a teaching position works out for you though, if that is what you really want.
As far as your comment, "is this God's way of letting us know He wants us somewhere else" --- that is a great topic of discussion that generated a lot of thought.
"Everything happens for a reason" is not something I believe in. I believe when life happens a certain way, it doesn't necessarily mean the Lord is trying to tell us something. Granted, that is not to say that we shouldn't be in tune to the Spirit. We should live in a way so that we can be sensitive to promptings so when there are those moments when His hand wants to be involved in our lives, it can happen. I think He is a trusting God who lets us make our own decisions and learn from those decisions. If we feel good about a decision and then something bad comes out of it, HF is not punishing us, nor should we be frustrated for following those promptings. I belive often times, life happens and the true test is how we respond to our trials when they happen. So-- it being that the homes you are finding being outside ward boundaries in my mind, seem to just be the result of the current housing market-- not necessarily that you belong or don't belong somewhere. Maybe that's sounds pessimistic, but that's what i think. the important thing is you search out your options, make a decision, then pray about it. more often than not, the Lord is fine with either decision. (I would prefer Him to just tell me how to do EVERYTHING and when do do what, when, etc, but unfortunately we have our agency.....)
Phew, so that was a long comment. What are your thoughts? ---michelle