Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

(Pictures to come later)
This weekend was so nice. It's the first weekend in about 3 months that I haven't felt like it has flown by and been robbed on my time at home. Saturday morning I woke up around 9 and went for a run with Monster to prepare for the 5k I am running in next month with Jen Martin. The weather was so gorgeous this weekend and I loved being able to be outside. Joseph and Andrea came over to watch the afternoon session of conf. with us before the guys headed off to Priesthood session while Andrea and I headed to Mongolian BBQ to have dinner with the mother in law. After 2 hours of waiting for our table (so worth it) we were stuffed full and ready to head home and watch the movie The Ultimate Gift ( I HIGHLY recommend it, its great)

Sunday we had our friends the Millers and their little boy Vance over for brunch and then to watch conf. It was so awesome to be able to be at home watching it from my own couch in the comfort of my own home. In between morning and afternoon session, Dennis and I took Monster for our walk and decided to go down and check out the new park in our neighborhood. A few weeks ago we went to a park by the inlaws and took Monster down the slide. Well today we did it again. After he went down on my lap the first time, he ran right back up the steps to go again by himself, it was hilarious. It is so great to have a dog with such a great personality, he fits into our family very well and is spoiled to death!!

After dinner, Dennis helped me cut the fabric for my quilt and then we relaxed watching some tv. I am so glad my weekend went so well and I actually got to relax and enjoy time with Dennis.
Now I just hope my week won't be too crazy- I am busy every night this week and will be at the hospital on Thursday- my BFF Nicole is having her baby and I am soooo excited to meet him.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I guess I didn't even think about the Time Out for Women thing! Sorry! Glad you guys had a good conference weekend. Good luck on the training for your 5K! Stick with it! You can do it! :) We'll have to run together sometime.
-Sarah