Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No I am not crazy.....


...Just determined. So I am running in a 5k with a girlfriend in about 3 weeks. I started training pretty much everyday and then I got sick with an upper resp. cold and have been down for about 2 weeks. I went for a fast paced 1 1/2 hour walk yesturday and my feetsies and butt bones hurts today. I am sure if I hit it hard now until the run, I should be fine.

Also, the reason why I may be crazy. In October, I will be going to Wisconsin to spend the weekend with a highschool friend and run a half marathon- no that is not a typo. When I told my friend Jen what I was planning to do she was surprised and wondered if she would be able to do that (this is the friend I am running the 5k with). So I have about 6 months to train for it, I think I can...... I think I can.......
I am on a health kick out now. I really want to get in shape and get a regular exercise routine down. I guess it's because Dennis is home at night now and I feel I can go to bed earlier to wake up earlier to exercise..... I have been doing pretty good about getting up on Saturday mornings at 8 and going for a run so why not wake up during the week and do the same thing??? The only thing holding me back right now is the fact that I would have to wake up around 5 and I am not sure I am ready for that yet.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You can do it------

(not a quote from Billy Madison ;))

I have faith in you! See ya in Oct!

-SW