Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Calendar Confusion?

Ok, so I woke up this morning to find nothing other than snow outside, yeah snow! It's April 11th- the thought of snow should be far from anyones mind. So, I awoke in a grumpy mood to say the least. I scrambled to get ready for work as I was thinking about the events that unfolded lastnight while I had a discussion with my parents that didn't end to well- so my mood only worsened (if that's even a word). I rushed out the door to make it to the Kane County Regional Office of Education to drop off some papers for my application and nearly slipped and fell on my behind! Oh geez, what a great day not to mention the fact that I got in my car and realized that I was on E and needed to get gas before heading to work. I stopped at the only gas station on the way and put the nozzle in and crawled back in my car to avoid the wind. All of a sudden I heard this weird noise- Oh the pump must have stopped I thought. WRONG! I stepped out to find gas spilling everywhere so I lept to stop the nozzle from dispensing more costly gas onto the ground, pulled the nozzle out the find more gas spewing out of the car just as a big gust of wind came and splattered gas all over my shoes, pants and coat. You have got to be kidding me I thought as I got back in the car to make it to work on time. Upon arrival to work, Ms. Butterworth said I smelled like gas (well no duh, it was only all over me!) so I ran to the office to see if one of the secretaries had some perfume to mask the odor. After talking with one of them, I was sent home to change because I was flammable. Now I know I am good looking but geez, no one has ever told me I was flammable before! So I journeyed home to find something to wear, mind you I have a mound of clothes that need to make it to the cleaners and was running low on work clothes. Here comes the highlight of my day, making it all brighter. I walk in the house to find Dennis just stepping out of the bathroom. He looks at me and screams as he walks into the bedroom, BINGO, I have scared him once again. For those of you who don't know Dennis loves to scare people and is quite good at it but his hard to scare. In the entirty of our 9 years together, I have managed to scare him 3 times. This was a major accomplishment. So back to work I go to find the kids all excited that I was there and find out that Aaron kept asking every minute when I was coming to school. Ah, the little stinker cares!
So that's my Friday the 13th that arrived early and better stay back on Friday. As for the snow, I am giving it less than 24 hours to get the heck out of here before I boycott winter this year.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

What??? you HATE the snow? come on. If it's going to be this blasted cold, it may as well snow. FYI: here's your hour by hour forecast until you leave for school tomorrow:
(numbers in this order:temp, %chance of precip,temp feels like, humidity, wind direction)
1am
36°F 50% 32°F 82% From NW 2 mph

2am Rain / Snow Showers
35°F
32°F 50% 31°F 82% From WNW 4 mph

3am Snow Shower
35°F
30°F 50% 30°F 79% From WNW 6 mph

4am Snow Shower
34°F
27°F 50% 30°F 82% From WNW 8 mph

5am Snow Shower
33°F
24°F 50% 30°F 85% From NW 11 mph

6am Snow Shower
33°F
24°F 50% 31°F 89% From NW 13 mph

Sunrise 6:18 am

Kyle said...

this stuff would make a great sequel to Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day--- don't ya think so?