Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Sunday


Happy Easter. What a great day. The day started off with our usual church routine. When we were sitting in sacrament, Suzanna Chocks nephew peeked his cute little head around the pew and gave me the cutest little smile- the kind of smile that makes you want to jump up and down and makes your day so much better. As I sat there listening to the talks my mind began to wonder along with my eyes to all of the family sitting near us. They looked so happy. I then began to think about all of the people I have met that don't want to have children and I began to think WHY! I mean isn't our purpose to mutiple and replenish the earth?? How can one be so selfish? I can't wait until we have children so we can rasie our children in the ways of the church and have a happy little home (not that it isn't now, I just can't wait for the joys of having children.) Ok I am off my soapbox now!
We then went on to our weekly nursery responsibilities. There were some kids missing today and I was kind of sad because I missed them- it just wasn't the same. I really enjoyed being able to sit there with Delaney and Alexa and play barbies and actually be able to interact with them. A few weeks ago it was very hard to get them to talk and now they won't stop! Snack time came and Hayden was quickly shoveling strawberries into his mouth and asking for me, he cuddled on my lap during lesson and even tried giving Dennis a kiss before he left! These are just a few of the things that make me happy to be in the nursery. The kinds of things that have made me reconsider asking to be released. This is where the Lord wants me and this is where I need to be. Nursery is one of the most important callings and I am glad to serve.
Dennis' mom decided to go to Iowa to be with her mother in law for Easter. Us kids were left to fend for ourselves. Luckily, my other "mother" invited us for dinner and welcomed us with open arms. Deanna and Shanna came too. We brought her easter basket and she devorered the bubbles. We went out in the cold weather to make and chase bubbles. We made some pretty big ones Needless to say we left stuffed, soapy and tired!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Cade is so lucky to have you guys as his nursery leaders. He prays for you at meal time, nap time, and bed time. Even I don't get mentioned that often. :-)