Friday, April 6, 2007

Family....

So, its been about a week and a half since I have talked to my dad and about a month since I have talked to my little sister. For some reason my family doesn't know how to pick up the phone and call someone! I graduate in less than a month and there will be zero of my family members in attendance. WHY? Well my family really isn't your normal "close" family. I mean you'd think your parents would want to attend such a tremendous occassion as seeing the first member of the family graduate from college. Wouldn't you? My parents seem to have other priorities than their children- more important things. My mother would rather save up to go to Arizona for a week than see her daughter achieve one of her greatest accomplishments which she takes full credit for! (Yea right! I guess I should send her the bill then.) So I guess the only thing I can do is take this experience and tell myself that I will never be like this towards my own children and that I will put my own family first. You live, you learn and you grow up!

No comments: