Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday Deanna








Yesterday was Deanna's 3rd birthday. We had a family party complete with dinner and this cute barbie cake that Shanna & Nicole made. (Hey guys, I want a graduate barbie cake for my party!) The day started off with me picking Deanna up and whisking her away so that Shanna could decorate and make the party a complete surprise for Deanna. Our first stop, Dairy Queen. This was the first time I had eaten ice cream with Deanna and I didn't know what a 3 year old would like- I mean anything should work, right? Wrong. I let her pick something that were on the window and she picked a star kiss. As we were standing in line the teenaged boy in front of us noticed the pin on her shirt that said I am # years old today. As he proceeded to tell her happy birthday, she hid behind me and acted like she was shy (which she is not). So we got out ice cream and automatically her little eyes lit up when she saw my twist ice cream cone. "Rarah, can I have some of dat, peez," were the words that came out of her mouth. Of course she didn't want her starkiss, just Aunti Tara's ice cream. So i did the nice thing and shared it with her but she ended up taking over full force and ate the last of it. As we sat their eating our ice cream she looked over the the middle school aged kids at the table across from us and said "Hi guys." This was so cute. She sat there watching them and then looked at me and said "I like boys!' I had to laugh so hard at this one. We finished up our tasty treat and headed to Jewel to do some grocery shopping. The entire ride there all I heard was "I like boys Rarah, I like boys!" Come on girl, you are only three!


When we got to Jewel Deanna immediately set eyes on the big (ugly) butterfly cart for kiddos. Number 1, it made a loud noise when you pushed it, kinda like wind going under a closed door and secondly, it was hard to push and manuver around corners. But I did it for the love of my niece. I even bought her mini chiquita bananas and a pink ball.


We then ventered back to g'ma Larsons where Deanna discovered her party. The little stinker got a barbie t.v and DVD player and alot of cute clothes. I really enjoyed spending the day with her, it seems like only yesterday Shanna brought her home!


1 comment:

Kyle said...

that girl is hilarious!!! I have to tell you, there is this book i read to cade almost every night (i like ketchup sandwiches) and i one of the illustrations there is a girl with long dark hair on a see-saw. Every time we come to that page he tells me "That's Denanna!" She is so lucky to have such a great auntie!